Acoustic Tuesday


Recently, I began reaching out to long-neglected family on Facebook. I've already chatted for three hours on the phone with one of my cousins in Port St. Lucie, Florida and found out some things I could've lived without knowing while coming across some things that make me proud. My cousin Corey is one of them.

This is a fan-made video of my first cousin Corey Balsamo's "September", a track that was recorded when he was still in high school. Corey's one of the products of my Aunt Janet's marriage to Billy Balsamo, who used to be a Mets prospect in late 70's/early 80's. When I was this kid's age, I only dreamed of being a writing prodigy. This kid became one, proving that sometimes the apple falls farther away from the family tree than we think.

He also seems to be one of the 11 or 12 people who haven't yet deleted their Myspace pages. You can buy and download his songs on iTunes at his Myspace page. He's also all over Youtube. They say his influences are John Mayer and Dave Matthews and his acoustic stylings seem to bear that out.

You go, cuz!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...