Little Moments & Father's Day

I am back
and so happy about it.
I have been missing
and thinking about
my blog page lately.
I knew I wanted to write again
and,
YAY!
What better way
to come back
than to do so
with a tribute to the wonderful fathers!

And...not just the fathers,
but all of the men
who are wonderful role models to children.
Dads, stepdads, grandpas, uncles, cousins, friends,
mentors, teachers and of course the
Father of all Fathers!

There are so many children in the world in need of
a good role model / father figure and so many men step-up!

So thank you!

My husband is a great example of
how wonderful a father and stepfather can be.

He has always been so involved in the lives
of his three children.
And now, although my daughter has her "daddy,"
that she loves so very much,
she also has her "other dad." 

Their relationship makes me so proud!

Yesterday, she left this note on
my husband's dresser for him to find before he
left to work.


Later that morning, he called her and told her that
he was having a great day and it was probably
because of how happy her letter had made him.
She was so excited about what he said that
she came up to tell me.

I loved the note she left him
and I loved the phone call he made.
They both made the time to take a moment out of their day
to express their love.

Don't you just love those little moments?!

My dad always made the time to show us that he cared.
In fact, I was just remembering some of our moments the other day.
More specifically, 
the red ninja suit that he bought me when I was a kid
crossed my mind!
I was so proud that my dad was teaching me
and my brothers karate!
I think I bragged about it
to my whole school.
And the fact that my suit was
a very special-vivid red
made it even better. 

I have many memories like that!
How lucky we were.
How lucky we are.

Little moments matter.
Little moments can leave a lasting impression
and make such a difference.

May we always remember that  
little moments
are
big opportunities 
that can and will
make a difference.

And may this weekend,
be filled with many moments that
show our men how much we love and appreciate them
on this
Father's Day
(and every day.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...