Imperfect Prayer

I am not sure if I am alone, but I have what I like to call a busy brain! Sometimes, I cannot even get through a single prayer without getting lost in thought. Last night, this is pretty much how my prayer went! Crazy, I know :)




"Dear Lord,

I know that I have already prayed tonight..." I prayed randomly throughout the day, then before dinner and again before the kids got in bed, "but tonight I feel like praying about the safety of our girls. It has been a while since I have specifically asked you to place a hedge of protection around our little ones. They will be leaving us this weekend and" hmm, speaking of this weekend, I wonder what food I should serve on Saturday when everyone comes. Maybe I should do finger foods and desserts? It's so last minute so I know a few people won't even be able to make it, maybe I should  -"oh sorry God! I got distracted!" Why does that always happen to me? Stay focused... "I am very sorry, what I wanted to ask you was that you please take extra special care of our girls this weekend. I know that they are with people who love them, and you have heard this prayer many times, but I still get nervous when I am not there to watch what they are doing and who comes around. So please keep an eye on them for me, for us. Protect them from evil, accidents and illness." Illness... Trinity is still sick I wonder if she is going to feel better after tonight’s rest or if I should keep her here with me for the day. Tomorrow I do not plan to go anywhere; I will just be home washing laundry and writing, so she will get to rest a little more -"Oh sorry again, God!" I am not sure why this happens to me. This is ridiculous. I have such a hard time focusing on people's conversations, when driving in my car I pass up the destination and have to turn back around, and I always have to walk back outside to turn off the faucet when I give Cimba water. Why am I so distracted? I cannot even finish a prayer  -"Oops, ummm...well, I want to thank you for all of the blessings you have given me today. Please continue to watch over and bless my family, especially our children. Keep them safe at all times and return them back to us on Sunday.
Also Lord, my brain is a little overactive again today, can you please help me to relax and get some sleep tonight. I would really appreciate the rest.
I ask this in your name Lord.
Amen."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...