A Season to be Thankful (poem)

If it were possible for me to gather up all of the love in the world and comfort you with it, I would.
To make you feel as wonderful as I do today.
You see, my world has become imperfectly perfect.
To step out of a mindset that had kept you broken, confused and angry and step into a life of love, freedom and possibility...
I can’t even begin to express the joy that overwhelms me.
The beauty that I see.
The gratitude that I feel.
You see, the stages of loss are textbook.
The character that develops as a result, is not.
You will experience much of what I have.
You will come to a point when you realize that you can do everything alone.
Then the most wonderful thing will happen.
You will realize that you are not alone.
It was you and Him all along.
He will provide for you, if you allow Him to.
There is much beauty to be found in silence, solitude and surrender.
On that day that you hear His whisper, you understand that you were not meant to be alone.
No, you will not understand everything.
WHY. WHEN. WHAT IF.
But you understand the HOW and the WHO.
When our life becomes complicated, unbearable and harsh, I believe that He is crying with us.
He is standing by offering us peace.
Waiting to help.
Wanting to help.
“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose,” He says.
Several Thanksgivings ago, I was full of tears and heartache.
Standing there with my vision blurred.
I remember that time, because it was my time.
My time to weep.  
But HE was there to help me move past that SEASON.
I am grateful for that season and for that pain that I experienced.

That moment led me to this one.
I am especially thankful for this season because I “Live, Get, Embrace, Laugh, Dance, and Love.”
He has given us all many reasons to be thankful and HOPEFUL!
If you happen to find yourself with a blurred vision this holiday, remember that He is there.
Forget the other voices and listen for HIS.
Forget the WHY and focus on the WHO.
Let His peace fill you up this holiday and remember that He has promised that your “time” will come.

May He be everything that you need this season and may you have a very blessed THANKSGIVING!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...