Robert Bales accused of killing 17 Afghan villagers 'had many accomplices', survivors of massacre claim

The U.S. soldier accused of killing 17 Afghan civilians did not act alone, according to survivors of the massacre earlier this month.

Army Staff Sgt Robert Bales has been charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder and is being held in a military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. The Pentagon insists he had no accomplices.

However, several survivors claim to have seen more than one American soldier, and as many as 20, during the atrocity earlier this month.

One mother-of-six, whose husband was killed during the incident, believes there were as many as 20 people involved.

She told SBS Dateline journalist Yalda Hakim: 'When they shot dead my husband, I tried to drag him into the house, they'd shot him in the head so his brain was all over my hands. I had to use a bowl for his blood.

'I saw more than 20 people when I looked out the house. The Americans pointed their guns at me and threatened me, telling me not to leave the house or they'd kill me.' Read More
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...