Seeking to Please & Pleasing to Seek

I second-guess myself.
Often.
Some people expect a lot from others.
(I do, at times.)
But mostly,
I expect a lot from ME.
I can be tough on myself.




I worry about pleasing everyone.
I want to make ‘their’ loads a little lighter.
‘Their’ lives a little brighter.
I want to be good enough for 'them.'
So many times, I have to remind myself to just let go.

Be ME.

Do what makes me happy.
Because more than likely,
who I am,
is making others happy.
But
 if ‘they’ are not happy,
that is okay too.

I am here to love many.

If they love me back.
Great.
Lucky me.
Lucky them.

But the truth is,
I am only here to ‘please’ one.
The Lord.

I need to stop seeking ‘my’ definition of perfection
and continue to seek Him.

I know this.

Many times when I am questioning something,
feeling a little confused and insecure,
or seeking clarity,
He sends me reminders.
I am doing okay.
He loves me.

Two verses that stood out to me this week,
just when I needed to read them….


Titus 2:3-5
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live…
They can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands…

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father, which is in Heaven.


It never fails.
When I am in need of a little peace
or reassurance, I find it 
in Him.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...