French First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy 'superstitious' about her pregnancy

Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, French first lady articulates that she hasn't uttered much openly about her pregnancy because she's been irrational about it, and it's not appealing to the French in any case.

In an interview with British radio, the 43-year-old ex-supermodel converted singer says the pregnancy is "amazing very banal" — even if "big news" for her individually.

"I'm superstitious, so yes, I've been very cautious," she told BBC. "But there isn't much to ask. A number of women are expecting children and delivering baby, and it's so boring for French people."

President Nicolas Sarkozy, who is potentially facing a harder movement in France's presidential polls next spring, married Bruni in 2008, under a year after he took office. She has a son from a past relationship, and he has three sons from two before marriages.

Bruni-Sarkozy said "playing guitar and touring is what I miss most," and she didn't talk about next year's presidential voting in spectators posted on the BBC Web site Monday. The detailed interview is to be telecasted Tuesday.

In a likely clue that being first lady isn't her most wanted job, Bruni-Sarkozy was referred as saying: "My dream life is only to go back to my job completely and be with my family. You recognize, permanent dreams, common dreams that everybody has."

The reserved brunette, who once told an interviewer that her "raze reactions" are on the political left, also revealed about what made her fall for Sarkozy, a impetuous and resolute conservative: His knowledge of gardening.

"When I met him, walking around the garden in the (presidential Elysee Palace), he stays giving me all these flowers' names," she said. "He recognizes all the Latin names, all these details about tulips and roses.

"I said to myself: 'My God, I certainly marry this man, he's the president and he knows all about flowers also. This is magnificent.'"

Bruni-Sarkozy was talking to guest host Christine Ockrent, a renowned journalist in France who newly was a highest manager at France 24 TV. The report didn't say when the interview took place. Ockrent is wedded to Bernard Kouchner, who served as Sarkozy's foreign minister for at least 3-1/2 years, and was said to be a very old Bruni-Sarkozy friend.

The Italian-born first lady also well known that her toddler is set to become the first baby at the Elysee Palace: "I supposes it's the modern world going into the French Republic, which is not bad."


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...