Kids Are So Funny...sharing some mommy moments

I have been blessed to work with so many wonderful companies over the years. I have had over ten jobs since I was 15. The number is a little high, because I had to find companies that would work with my schedule when I was taking classes at ASU. I worked at the YMCA, U-Haul, taught Kindergarten and Preschool, was a receptionist for realty and construction company and worked for a temp agency and visited various other companies. I was also a substitute teacher for several other grades.

I met a lot of awesome people and learned lots of important lessons at these jobs, although, I'd have to say that of all of the titles I have held, being a Parent is my favorite!

Being a Mom can be challenging at times, but it is more fun, than anything. I adore it. Especially, the funny moments!

Today, I plan to update Jocelyn's baby book, so I went back through some of my Facebook updates to find some funny moments to write down and I thought I'd share them here too.



Jocelyn tends to be forgetful. She leaves things at school, forgets to turn off lights and rarely flushes! When I asked her why she neglects to do certain things she told me that it happens to people with curly hair. She said, "we just look in the mirror at our hair and think about how pretty we are and sometimes we forget to do things."


When we went to see a movie on New Years Eve we had the two younger girls and our teenage son. Just when the theatre got quiet for the movie to start, our Trinity loudly leaned over to yell to me, "Hey mom! These girls are asking Issac for his number!" We thought it was hilarious, but her brother wasn't very happy!


My little second grader has a tendency to always disagree with us at home. No matter what we are talking to her about, her first instinct is to always say "no" and to disagree. So we have been working with her on being a little more respectful (and honest) at home. So, yesterday when I asked her about her day, she said that her and her friend got a long just fine because she did what I said and agreed with her. I asked, "Oh really, what kinds of things did you agree about?"
"Well, when she said, 'Wouldn't it be cool if we told on Dan and got him in trouble,' even though I didn't want to, I said yes and agreed."
Oh.Em.Gee. Obviously, we had to have another talk...!


Once when we were playing Yahtzee, Trinity asked if she should roll the dice for me. She said I might not win, because she "was the lucky charm."



Jocelyn already had cereal one morning, but decided she wanted some hot food too. So I fried her an egg. Then she asked for a thermometer. She asked me to stay away while she took her temperature. Luckily, I realized that she was planning on using the "hot food" to make her temperature rise! It was Meet the Teacher night and she was nervous and trying to get out of going!


A while back, Trinity kept finding her books and other trinkets on the floor in her room. She would clean her room and then the next day, she would find the same stuff back down on her floor. She was getting really scared, thinking that a ghost was moving stuff in her room. After a few days of this happening, I pulled Jocelyn aside to get the scoop. I found out that Jocelyn was moving stuff around in her sister's bedroom. Trinity keeps a clean room, so Jocelyn thought she would give her something to do, while she cleaned the messes in her bedroom. She didn't want her sister to start playing without her! lol


"Motherhood is about raising -and celebrating- the child you have, not the child you thought you would have. It's about understanding that he is exactly the person he is supposed to be. And, if you're lucky, he just might be the teacher, who turns you into the person you are supposed to be."
~The Water Giver 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...