...Your Kindness May Ease the Journey

Yesterday, as I was catching up on a few of my favorite blogs. Julie at Come Have a Peace gave a list of things that we could do for others and I absolutely loved it.
I am a big fan of KINDNESS.

I am inspired by the people that put others before themselves and whose first instinct is to love.
Yesterday, as I headed to my Aunt’s house to pick my Grandma, I was reminded of how considerate my family is each other.
Thursday is a day that my Aunt has a few hours off. Not that she does not have a million and one other things to do, but during the time that I have my Grandma, my Aunt has a few hours to do the things that she normally cannot do, because she is busy caring for my Grandma with dementia.
However, when I walked in I saw that my Aunt had a house full of grandchildren. She had five toddlers who were too young to go to school, and she was planning to pick her older grandchildren up from school later. She could have taken this time to do something for herself and yet, instead, she surprised her daughter with a hair appointment and planned to babysit.
She puts her mother, her husband and her children first, she always has and now I see her children doing the same thing. My cousins are always looking out for their parents and each other, and I am often impressed.

Most Thursdays, after I drop the kids off at school I drive to my Aunts to pick up Grandma and we go to my Mom’s house. Occasionally, I will drive Grandma to my house, but most days I go to my parents’ home.
I have to say that Thursdays are the highlight of my week! I always look forward to Thursday, because I get some quality time with people I adore. I usually visit with my Aunt and Grandma for a while in the morning and then my Grandma and I move on to my parents and spend a few hours with my Mom.
When I got to my parents this morning, I found my Mom cleaning up the yard with one of her grandbabies in tow. She told me that a few more of the kiddos were going to be dropped off later and that she planned to make a pot of spaghetti for us for lunch.
There were many other loving things that I noticed yesterday, my Dad doing something for my Mom, my Brother doing something for my Grandma, my Grandma doing something for my niece, but I think you get the gist…
I am around a whole lot of kindness, and kindness seems to be contagious!
It is easy to get distracted with life, to get lost in our own little world, to be a little selfish, to look out for ourselves, but fortunately, people like this are always there to remind us just how important it is to love others.
A little kindness goes a long way!

May your day be filled with kindness.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...