...For that I Thank You (Marriage Mondays)

Dearest Matthew,
If I have not told you lately, let me remind you, that you, my love, are the best thing that has ever happened to me.
The day that we became a couple, the world was transformed into a great big ball of happiness.
My life became more beautiful, and no, it is not cliché. It is a fact.
If anyone were to look back through the archives of my life, they would see that it has changed tremendously.


The sun shines a little brighter. The world seems a little nicer. The grass is a little greener. Music sounds a little sweeter. Smiles come a little easier. Days seem a little shorter.
At the end of each day, as we lay in bed, I never want to go to sleep, because I know that the next morning when I wake up you will be gone. Yes, you will only be at work, but I miss you!
You have been my best friend for three years now, and I cannot even tell you how much you have changed my life. Although, something tells me that you know, and yet, you say not a thing.
Instead, you continue to make me feel as if I am the one. As if I, have changed your life.
When you smile, I can hear the words you have shared with me many times. And I know, deep down to the depths of my soul, that you love me, still.  
When you hug me, I can feel your strength. When things get tough, for us, or our family, you just grin and bear it, for all of us. You hold me, as if you are trying to shield me from the world, and the truth is that you do.
When you touch me, I can feel the tenderness. Like, I am a valuable treasure that you handle with care, as not to break it. You remind me that I am worthy. I know that my words matters, my opinions count, my feelings take priority and my heart comes first.
When you come home from work, my day is complete. It does not matter what we are doing, where we are going, or what we have been through. All that matters is that at the end of the day we have each other.
That I have you. That you have me.
We make this marriage work.
But more than that.
This marriage has never felt like work. Not once.
I truly believe that our hearts were meant for each other.
I do not know what the future holds for us, but I know that
I have never been happier than I am at this very moment.
So for that,
I thank you.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Love,
Me


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...