Perseverance, Purpose, and Prayer

The weather has been amazing this year,
so I have been hiking on and off since the New Year.
What's especially great
is that as of this morning,
I have hiked 10 days
in a row for the past two weeks!


Even on the days when my hubby and/or girlfriend is not with me,
I have still made the effort to hike our mountain trail alone.
I have to puff on my inhaler when I choose the difficult trail,
and my legs still burn,
but I do it happily.
Yay me!
After all, perseverance, pays off!

2 Chronicles 15:7 But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

I'm enjoying the outdoors
and the fact that I am doing something
new is exciting.

Speaking of new,
I have been learning so many new things
about the Bible over the past few years and about it's history,
and I am really loving it!
As I dive deeper into the Bible
and work on my relationship with God,
I grow to appreciate the Word a little more. 

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

With Lent upon us,
I have done more than usual this year to prepare.
I have always known about the Church's view on fasting
and sacrifice,
but it never really had a personal meaning to me.
While I have given things up in the past,
I had done it, because it was a tradition,
and so (I wince as I say) I had never followed through.

Now that I truly appreciate
all of the gifts that I have been given,
and the sacrifices that have been made for me,
Lent has a deeper meaning!
I am very thankful, a girlfriend
casually mentioned Lent several weeks ago.
I believe that God used her to work on me!
After her reminder,
the Lord's sacrifice really stayed on my mind.

This year, is the first year that I am choosing
to abstain from something difficult
as my own personal sacrifice,
and am planning to pray more frequently and purposefully,
because of my gratitude. 

Mark 1:12-15
And the Spirit immediately drove him out into the wilderness. He was in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan; and he was with the wild beasts; and the angels waited on him. Now after John was arrested, Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the Good News of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the Good News."


I have typed up a prayer sheet for my family
so that we can all pray for the same people on the same day.
I truly believe in the power of prayer
and I think if everyone in our family
takes the time to pray for each individual
several times through out the day,
on their prayer day
great things can and will happen!

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

Matthew 21:22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

Today, is the first day of Lent 
and the first person on our prayer sheet is my Dad.
I have already said several prayers for him today,
since waking up.
Not that he isn't regularly in my thoughts,
but by the time I lay my head down on my pillow tonight,
I will have prayed dozens of prayers
for him ~ specifically.
It feels great to know that I will consciously pray
for my Dad -all day- today,
my Mom all day tomorrow
and so on. 

James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Well, 
it is time
to go and create another
purpose-filled day.


A-Wise-Woman-Builds-Her-Home


Until next time... <3
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...