An Intentional Life? Check!

Intentional.
deliberate - willful - purposeful - intended

My plan is to live with intention.

Intentionally for Christ.
Intentionally for my family.
Intentionally for myself.

An intentional life takes work, but the reward is ever so great!

It starts with making small tweaks,
that lead to big changes.

For instance, today was my 17th hike.
Regular exercise!
I have made the effort to put on tennis shoes,
every morning for the last 17 days!
Even when my legs feel sore. 
Even when I have other things to do.
Even when I want to make excuses.
I drop the kids off to school and instead of driving home,
since I am dressed for the mountain, I go.
On the weekends, and days when I have other obligations,
I set my alarm clock earlier, make myself get up
and get my hike out of the way!
It has worked.
Fitness progress? ...Check!

Another small tweak,
in my hiking pack I keep headphones.
That way each day,
I can focus on personal growth.
Faith.
I find a new updated seminar/recording.
I listen to all of my favorites.
Joel Osteen, Chuck Swindoll, Joyce Meyer...
And I attend Bible Study once a week.
At the most recent lecture, I wrote this down:
"God's grace provides us these three things:
The Grace to Give.
The Grace to Fight.
The Grace to Grow."
Do I give generously and cheerfully?
Do I "live" beyond my means, or "give" beyond my means?
Am I (are we) spending money on necessities rather than wants?
Am I grateful for the blessings in my life?
Am I teaching my children to be grateful and generous?
Do I give of my time and myself?
Do I rely on Him and the Word more than anything else?
Do I pray as often as I should?
Am I consciously learning from my mistakes?
Most importantly, does my life reflect my beliefs?
Progress? Check!

Today I heard this on my hike,

"Marriage is not about finding the right person,
it is about being the right person."

Have I been intentional in this regard?
Marriage.
Do I meet my husband's needs?
It's easy to give him love and encouragement when things are great,
but do I show him how much I love him when things are not?
Do I give him advice and encouragement on things that benefit him,
even if it doesn't benefit me?
Do I go out of my way for him?
Do I show appreciation for his hard work?
Do I have ((ridiculous or reasonable)) expectations for him?
Do I have those same expectations for myself?
Do I genuinely care about his happiness more than my own?
Do I compliment more than I criticize?
Do I smile more than I frown?
Do I fill the fridge with his favorites?
Do I cook for him?
Am I distracted by other things or am I attentive and put him first?
Do I encourage his relationships with his family and friends?
Do I encourage his hobbies and interests?
Do I do things to serve him/lighten his load?
(like the laundry or ironing?)
Do I listen?
Have I been at home spending quality time with him?
Progress? I think so (I hope so!)... Check!

I also heard the pastor say,

"A Christian home should be beautiful.
It should reflect how much you care for your family."

Homemaking.
Does my home say that love lives here?
That my family spends lots of time together?
That I value my husband and children?
Are there family pictures on the wall?
Is my house clean?
Is the pantry and fridge stocked with food,
so that I can prepare meals for the week?
Is there an unfinished puzzle on the table, is the Bible easily accessible,
and is there a fruit bowl on the counter?
Does my home say that I care about my family members 
mental, physical and spiritual health?
Are there signs that my family enjoys each others company?
Are there calendars marked with appointments, lesson plans,
and chore lists hung up?
Do I keep things organized, routine and on schedule to provide 
accountability and stability?
Progress? Check!

An intentional life? Check!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...