Project 31: What Makes Me, Me

Today, I am linking up with Mandy at She Breathes Deeply
She started a bloggy Project called Project 31 which is focused on celebrating the beauty of women and Proverbs 31.

She Breathes Deeply

Proverbs 31 is probably the most inspirational verse from the Bible for women. It describes the type of woman that we should aspire to be and I am so thankful to have found Mandy's page, because I think this idea is so wonderful!

Today's post is about what makes me, me. I have decided to use a poem I wrote a few months ago that I feel sums me up pretty well. Sometimes, I think I have (me) down, some days I am just as confused as my husband. :) One thing for sure... is I love this life and I love being a woman.

Because there are so many components that make me, me...I have found that some descriptions tend to almost contradict the other and so a poem was created. :) We are all interesting, complicated and unique and we all have so much to give. Proverbs 31 reminds us just that.

********************************************

I am just a girl.

I am a girl with hopes and dreams.
A girl with faith, in much bigger things, than herself.
I am a girl who has made many mistakes, but who attempts to learn from them.
I am a girl who needs no one, but prefers to have someone.
I am a girl who gives freely, but sometimes holds on too tight.
I am a girl that values her existence, but sometimes asks why.
I am a girl that has had a broken heart, yet still believes in Happily Ever After.
I am a girl that believes in forgiveness, but has to work hard to succeed at it.
I am a girl that wears makeup daily, but knows that true beauty is found within.


I am a girl who prefers consistency, but finds herself changing with each new day.
I am a girl who couldn't wait to grow up, but strives to preserve the innocence in her kids. 
I am a girl that forgets to turn off the light, but always remembers to follow it.
I am a girl who has so much to say, but usually keeps it to herself.
I am a girl who reads every diet article she finds, but eats chocolate daily anyway.
I am a girl who loves to laugh, but watches movies that make her cry.
I am a girl who writes late at night, but never wants to get up in the morning.
I am a girl who embraces happy thoughts, but sometimes struggles to find them.
I am a girl who doesn't believe it until she reads it, but never checks the source.
I am just a girl, who enjoys, just being, a girl.

***************************************************


Have a fabulous weekend friends!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...