Project 31: My Virtue, My Focus

 
Today is day 9 and I am asked:
What virtues do you value in yourself?

....

As I took a moment to think about this question,
I found myself feeling a little insecure. I was tempted to not post for this day. Why?
Because the post is all about liking...me.

Yesterday was about me. Days 2, 4, 6 and 8 were all about me, and now I have to write about me again?

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do it.

Isn't talking about myself this frequently a little
narcissistic and boring?

I have those people in my life that have no problem talking about themselves, but they are interesting.

I'm...just...me. 

It is easy for me to talk about things that I find inspirational! To share the things that God has placed into my heart. To share the blessings that I have in my life. It is easy to write about my children, my husband, and projects that I am working on at the house.

But to post about what I like about myself?!
That is insanity, scary, hard! 

In fact, I skipped Day 6 because the world's definition of beauty has jaded me and I sometimes don't feel good enough. 

It is easier not to talk about the wrong, and so, I did what I always (well almost) always do. I eliminated the negative, the hard stuff, and I focused on the positive.

And I realized, THAT is what I like about me.

I like that I focus on the good stuff. I like that even when I have problems with family, finances, children, and health, I focus on what is positive.


I am not saying that I do not have sad moments. I am not saying that I do not try to "fix" certain issues, but no matter what happens, I always move on, I always get over it, and I always forgive.

I know that this life has too much happiness available to focus on the hurts. 


Everything that I had gone through in my previous marriage is the past. Occasionally something will come up and I am like oh my goodness, I dealt with that! But ya know what? I forgot all about it, because I chose to let it go and forgive. 

The things that come up in my current marriage can be difficult some days. I could blog about all the issues that arise with blended families and all of the outside factors that affect us, and friends, sometimes I am tempted to, but I don't! I just pray about it, look at things from another's perspective and focus on the good.

Sometimes, I get to a point where I feel like I have done all I can do, and I say, "I'm done, that's all. No more."

BUT

In my heart, I know I am not.  

I am full of compassion, empathy and forgiveness. I care too much to quit.

It is my strength and my weakness. I know it is. According to my hubby, it means I sometimes allow people to walk all over me. It means that sometimes, I excuse poor behavior from others. It means that sometimes I spoil our children.

I have thought about this many times and I have come to a conclusion,  
I would rather be giving away too much love and forgiveness, than not enough.

I focus on the good stuff.

That is what I value about me.




Mama's 
 
P.S. Only 2 more days until my giveaway,  Click Here
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...