Project 31: Be-YOU-tiful

Today is Day 8 for Project 31:
Day 8.  Have a beauty secret (e.g. hair tip, make up tip)?  Share, please!
I have mentioned in the past that I like all things girly (and artsy). I love loud colors with black, A-line dresses, chunky earrings, and shoes that have some flair. My face makeup is pretty minimal, but I usually play up my eyes. They are my favorite feature and have become my focal point. (That's a beauty tip I learned, after my sis-in-law Nancy kept encouraging it.)


I believe in silliness, without it life would be pretty dull. I have been told for years that my laugh is loud and that everyone knows when I am home, because they hear me laughing. A while back my stepdaughter gave me card that said I always have a smile on my face. I don't know about "always" but it felt good to hear, because I try to be happy even on the "gray" days. I know that my my expression, is the most important thing I wear!
    I try to get "pretty" every day, even on the weekdays when I am just home cleaning house and doing laundry, I'll add lip gloss and a spray of perfume before my hubby gets home. When I look good, I feel good. I try to keep the romance alive in our relationship and I feel like a beauty routine even on the days that nothing is going on is important.
    True beauty is confidence! It's loving the skin that you are in...no matter what people think. I snapped this pic yesterday (after my hubby teased me about my hair.) This is me, with my hair natural. It's a little wavy, but mostly frizzy. I'm working on loving me for me and the 'not caring part', because natural is beautiful and so much easier! 
  • Another, part of my beauty routine is being in a clean environment. I cannot relax or enjoy myself in a dusty, cluttered living space. The only thing in the house that I will allow to have stuff pile up on, occasionally, is our desks. I like a clean house with a fresh smell. It makes no sense to clean and decorate my body, and then to live in a dirty house. That friends, is my opinion of a "don't".
    Last but not at all least, is the old adage, "True beauty comes from within. It's an oldie, but a goody! If you aren't beautiful on the inside, ain't no makeup gonna cover that! I Peter 3:3-4 says, Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 


Any thoughts on beauty that you would like to share? As always, I'd love to hear them!


 


 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...