2 Girls and a Ghost

Growing up I had always heard people talk about ghost stories and a few ghost sightings on my parent’s property. Being the (not-so-brave) girl that I am, I never really wanted to believe in ghosts! Just the thought of it scared me. To this day, I do not like to sleep in a completely dark room and I never watch scary movies. I am like a big kid, I know! I have always believed in Angels, but ghosts? … Lost souls floating around the world naked to the human eye…that is pretty scary stuff!
Back when I still lived at home and would come home late at night; I remember getting out of my car, walking head down, straight to the front door, keys in hand. It sounds silly, however; I was determined to continue living at my parent’s house without having a story of my own. I have had a few moments in life, similar to my rainbow experience, that were rare, but they all felt spiritual. Ghost stories were always scary and so I wanted nothing to do with them. Then a few years later, when Jocelyn was about 1 year old, her Dad and I moved out of our rental to a small house on my parent’s property to save money while he was in school. That is when odd things started happening.
One night, the three of us were asleep in the same bed and I woke up because someone was pulling my hair. Tiredly, without opening my eyes I said, “What?” No, one answered so I lifted my head and looked at my husband and he was still asleep. A few minutes later, I closed my eyes and snuggled back under the covers, only to have my hair pulled again. I said, “What?” Again, nothing. I laid back down, and felt another hair pull, I was tired and upset by the third time so I sat up and said, “What? Are you playing?” I thought my husband could not sleep and was messing with me, but he was completely passed out.
I turned around to look at Jocelyn, I do not know why I had not done it before, but her little body was barely hanging on the bed. Her head and shoulders were actually off the foot of the bed and if she had moved another inch, she would have probably fallen headfirst. She had always slept in her co-sleeper next to the bed, but in this house, we did not have room for it. Even though, that was a weird moment, I did not think much about it. I was just glad that Jocelyn was okay.
A few things happened in that short amount of time that we lived there together; however, the only thing that really bothered me was that the television would always turn on by itself. It always went to the British channel and sometimes the volume would be at the highest level possible. I would walk back into the room and turn it off. Only to have it turn back on a few moments later when I walked out of the room.
The first time Jocelyn’s father and I separated, I was there at the little house alone and things started getting a little too crazy for me. The T.V. would still turn on randomly, but now when I would watch T.V and walk out of the room for a minute, it would change to the British channel and the volume would increase. It was as if I was fighting over the remote with …someone. Jocelyn’s talking and musical toys would randomly go off all hours of the day even when she wasn’t in there, not a big deal, but it became bothersome when I would wake up in the middle of the night, because they would all keep going off at the same time. One morning, when I did not have Jocelyn and I was sleeping in, I woke up to footsteps in the kitchen and the sound of cabinets opening and closing. It sounded like someone was cooking in my kitchen. I assumed it was my mom looking for something, because she had a key. I yelled, “Mom,” as I walked in there, but the house was empty. I called her and she said had not been over at all. Many other little things happened, but I was able to shrug them off.
When Jocelyn was a little older, and began talking more she began to get scared to be in rooms all by herself. One time, she told me that she did not want to go in her room, because there was a man in her closet. Other times she would say she saw someone walk into the bathroom. Of course, I checked every room in the house and never found a thing, but it got to the point where things were happening on a daily basis. I decided to have someone (in touch with the supernatural) come over to check the house out. I was not only praying about the issues I was dealing with in my personal life, but also for everything, we were dealing with in that darn house!
Some nights, I was so angry about the noise in the house that I yelled. I did not even know who or what I was yelling at, but I did it, because that was something I was told might work. I was told that I did not have evil spirits in my house, just pesty little stragglers. Isn’t that crazy? I'm a little embarrassed to even mention it now! However, at that time I was willing to do anything. Desperate times call for desperate measures! “Get out of here! This is my house!” I yelled. I was like a crazy person trying to get the peace back.
I am sure some of you reading this may question my sanity at the time, but friends, it happened. I was so glad to get out of that little spooky house. Luckily, that pesty ghost-thing that liked to pick on lonely girls did not follow me to my new house! I have had 5 years of normalcy, well, kind of... Anyway, yesterday, I walked into the living room to find my husband sitting on the sofa watching the British Channel. Suddenly, I had a flashback...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...