I Sparkle, He Sizzles!

I think it is safe to say that most women love to feel valued. We love to hear that our spouses find us… amazing, beautiful, attractive (or fill in the blank).  I know that sometimes I get in a rut and just feel blah. Maybe I have some grays that are poking out, maybe my skin has been breaking out, or maybe those extra pounds are bothering me! Yikes! I just have those days, and so I need a little boost to pick me up. Sometimes just a new lipstick color, taking the time to give myself a pedicure or going to get my hair done does the trick. I feel refreshed afterwards. I come home feeling all sparkly and new. Then when my hubby notices and compliments me, I feel even better. It feels good to be appreciated!
I know that my hubby needs to hear compliments too, but to be honest, sometimes I forget. He has started working out again. I'll admit that I enjoy teasing him, because I will catch him looking at his biceps or touching them. Even though I tease him, I am so proud of him. Not because of his muscle tone, I could care less about that. What I love, is to see him feeling good about himself. I especially love to see him smile when I notice his efforts!   
There are so many times when I look at my husband without him knowing, like after he gets a new haircut, or when we are driving in the car and he is all dressed up for a night out and I think how handsome he looks, but I forget to say it. So starting today, I am going to make a conscious effort to tell him. I am going to admire his new shirt aloud in front of others. I am going to tell him I love his smile/shoulders/smell when I think it. The next time he steps into my office and I glance up from my desk and I silently think, “I can’t believe he’s mine, all mine,” I am going to tell him just that! 

Yes Baby, Tsss... You Sizzle
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...