The Greatest of these is Love


I may say that I love
Chocolate, bike rides, or even clothes
But truthfully
I don’t
I could give them all up
If I had to 
I guess
It is safe to say
I "like" these things  
They are things
That I enjoy doing
Or eating
Or wearing
But
If these things
Were taken away from me tomorrow
I would be okay
If I were forced to move to a deserted island
And could take only five things with me 
I am fully aware that
I would be
A poor, hungry girl dressed in rags 
Surrounded by the top five people that I love
(Although, I cannot imagine having to narrow it down to just five)
The things that I like 
Wouldn’t even cross my mind
The people that I love would 
After all
I was made to love
I was made for love
I was made because of His love
We are born into a family that loves us
That we grow to love
We develop relationships
With extended family members, neighbors and friends
We love them
And they love us 
We fall in love with boyfriends & girlfriends
And we love them enough
To become partners for life
We have children
Who we love so much
That we would willingly give our lives for
God made Eve specifically for Adam
He gave them to each other
To love
Jesus Christ died and became our Savior
Because He loved us so 
Yes
My life is
but a small life
In this great big world
But I matter
Because of who I love
And who loves me
When I die
(In 60 years or so :)
I hope to be surrounded
Not by things
But by people
Who will look down at me
And say
“It’s so hard
To say good-bye 
Because
I love her”
And
When I go
I hope
To be welcomed into the kingdom of Heaven
By my Savior
And by all of the people that I loved
Who left before me
And when I look up at them
I hope to hear them say
"I'm so happy that she is here 
Because
I love her."

 *********************

God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. (John 4:16)

'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these. (Mark 12:31)

We love because he first loved us. Those who say, "I love God," and hate their brothers or sisters, are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. The commandment we have from him is this: those who love God must love their brothers and sisters also. (John 4:19-21)

…now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love. (Corinthians 13:4-8, 13

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...