A Party, Halloween Costume Crafts & A Marriage Link

Halloween is almost here!


On Saturday, Jocelyn & I had a really nice time at my niece Nicole's 3rd birthday party.


Jocelyn wore her thrift store dress (that she had to have) to the party.


 I threw a few items from my closet together to add a silly look for myself. 


I made some candy corn sugar cookies for the party.

 
The Halloween festivities really got me in the mood to start putting our costumes together for next weekend!


Jocelyn changed her mind and asked to be Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween. So I pulled out our old costumes and found a red hooded cape. I decided to use her old Sailor dress and some fabrics and crafts to get started.


I cut out some red fabric and used some ribbon and
lace to make an apron. 


Then I added a few beads I found to give the dress a 
little more color.


Not to bad for a last minute idea made from scraps found around the house! It's going to go well with her tights and cape and she'll be a cutie as always! Now
I just have to pick up and decorate a basket for her
to use to collect candy!


I also cut and frayed mine & my hubby's Indian outfits. Then I decided to put together a few embellishments for our accessories.


I found the beads, feathers and buttons at Michaels a few weeks ago.  


Jocelyn is wearing the headband I glue together.


I'll probably add these to my purse and hair. Only a few more things to do and we will be ready. What fun!

Today, I did not write a post for Marriage Mondays, but I recommend that you take a moment to visit and read this post @ Come Have a Peace. Our marriages need little reminders and once again, Julie and the others who linked up did a great job encouraging us to be more intentional in our marriages!


Have a great day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...