Completing the Circle

"When two people choose to become one, you become something even greater than that, if you ask God into your circle.’ For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer.' Because when times are better, God blesses you, and when times are worse God will bless you even more."
~Touched By an Angel


It is true that when life gets tough, unbearable even, we can find our strength in God. Every time I have dealt with obstacles in my life, I find that when I turn to Him, He never lets me down. Things may not always turn out exactly as I plan, but after the storm passes I see things clearly. I understand things for what they really were and I realize that life turns out better than I could have ever imagined!

I have learned to wait on God. When life is tough, and I am going through rough patches, I call on Him. I pray to Him. I lean on Him. Then when I have been healed, strengthened or my problems have been resolved, I realize that many times, the solution to my problems were much different from what I had asked for, wanted or thought I needed. I also find that my experiences, though hard at the time, were a gift! God's plan is rarely my plan, but I am grateful for this, because God's plan is always better.

One example of something God has done for me was sending me a wonderful husband. A man who has become my very best friend. I have had many relationships in my life with women, men, friends and family, but none have compared to this love that I have now. We both feel like we were placed together by God's hand. 

When I was at lunch with my friends this weekend, I was telling them what a 'cheesy couple' we are. We are so happy! We see many couples that have been together for a shorter amount of time and they already have so many issues they are dealing with. They are already struggling with their partner or their marriage. We have had arguments or a few issues in our marriage, but nothing that has hurt our marriage. We find ourselves happy to come home to each other.

Because of our "state of happiness" we google things like, "when does the honeymoon period end" or "when does the newlywed stage end." We are just curious, is this happiness normal?! After 3 years, we still go Ga-ga. We still prefer to hang out together and when we are apart the other person is constantly on our mind. 

Perhaps in three more years things will change, anything is possible, but perhaps they won't. Maybe, we found each other (just as the quote above says) because we welcomed God into our lives. Thank goodness we did!  Now as a married couple, we keep God in our circle. Our circle is strong and happy.  Our circle, our union, our family is complete.


Today, I am linking to Marriage Mondays.






I have been absent the last few days. This time of year gets really busy and I don't expect it to slow down anytime soon. :) I will be back tomorrow with a post for a Writing Blanket Tour I am involved in with Women on Writing. So be sure to check back tomorrow.

Have a fabulous week friends!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...