"Let's Pray, Mommy"

This weekend we went to the pumpkin patch
and enjoyed a nice day out with the family.


Yesterday, I decided to light some candles to put inside of the girls' pumpkins for them,
but clumsy me...I burned my finger on the hot jar.

It hurt pretty bad! 

I applied ice to it and when Jocelyn walked in the kitchen
and saw me shaking my finger, she grabbed my hand and said,
"Let's say a prayer, Mommy."

It was so sweet.

You see, being away from Jocelyn for a few weekends out of the month,
(when she is at her dad's house) has always been very hard.
Very, very hard.
But it's especially difficult,
when she calls me about a problem
and I am not right next to her to give her a hug.


Sometimes she calls just to talk, but most times it is because she
is nervous about something and needs some advice.
Because I am not with her,
the best I can do is give her a little encouragement
and sometimes we'll end a phone call with a prayer
about whatever the specific issue that is bothering her is.

A few weeks ago, she called me about something
she was having a little anxiety over and before I could offer to pray,
she asked me to say pray with her.
It was the first time she had called me to ask me to pray with her.
It was such a special moment.

And now, yesterday, she surprised me by saying a prayer for me. 
She held my hand, called on God and asked him to heal my finger!

It was a sweet, sweet moment, by a sweet, sweet girl.
Once again, I'm a proud, proud mama! :o)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...